Below are some initial questions you may have upon first contacting the law office of Huffman & Huffman. Brief answers are provided, but if you don't find the information you need here, please call our office at 757-319-4085. In any event, be sure to contact us before talking to any insurance adjuster.

Do I have a personal injury case?

If you have been injured by the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. We will meet with you in person to assist you with your case. Call Huffman & Huffman immediately at 757-319-4085 for a free consultation. There are statutes of limitations that require you to file suit within a specific period of time or your claim is lost forever.

How much will it cost me to hire a lawyer?

It will cost you nothing upfront to hire a Huffman & Huffman attorney. The lawyers of Huffman & Huffman work on a contingency basis. We don't get paid until a settlement is made.

What types of financial compensation can I get in a personal injury case?

Personal injury victims are entitled to receive compensation for all damages experienced as a result of the accident, which may include the following:

  • Medical Bills
  • Lost Wages
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Physical Disability
  • Physical Disfigurement or Scars
  • Emotional Trauma
  • Mental Anguish
  • Embarrassment
  • Loss of Enjoyment of Life
  • Mental Disability
  • Property Damage
  • Inconvenience
  • Punitive Damages (in certain cases)

Who can file a personal injury lawsuit?

Usually, the person who was injured is the one who may seek compensation. However, if that person was killed in the accident, a family member or legal representative may file the lawsuit on the victim's behalf. If you are under the age of 18, your claim can be filed by a parent or guardian.

What are the time limitations to file a claim?

Statutes of limitations are time frames in which you are able to file a claim. In addition, there are local, state and federal requirements that likewise have to be met in a timely manner. Therefore, it is important to contact the law offices of Huffman & Huffman as soon as possible.

Is there anything I shouldn't do after being involved in an accident?


  • Don't give any information to the other person's insurance adjuster.
  • Don't agree to settle anything.
  • Don't think that your injury isn't serious and will go away on its own.
  • Don't sign anything from the insurance companies until you've consulted Huffman & Huffman.

What should I do if I am injured in a car or motorcycle accident?

Do not give any information to the other party's insurance company. If you have been injured in a car accident, you should do the following:

  1. Call the police.
  2. Seek medical attention if necessary.
  3. Contact Huffman & Huffman immediately.
  4. Take pictures of the damage.
  5. If possible, write down witness' names and telephone numbers.
  6. Call your insurance company.
  7. Keep copies of medical records, bills and notes of related expenses.

If don't carry insurance on my motor vehicle,
can I still sue the driver who hit me?

Yes, you can still file a claim against the driver who was at fault.

What should I do if I am injured by a defective product?

Manufacturers are responsible for designing, creating and selling products that are safe for their customers. If you have been injured by a defective product, you should do the following:

  1. Save the product and all related documents (receipts, warranties, instructions, etc.)
  2. Do NOT call the product's manufacturer or their insurance company.
  3. Call Huffman & Huffman.